About The Law Offices of Areeg Akel
The Law Offices of Areeg Akel is Located in Downtown
San Diego at 401 West A Street. Our law office specializes
in Federal & State Criminal Defense, Immigration Law (All throughout the U.S.A), and Personal Injury Law
in California, San Diego and all other counties.
Initial Consultation and Fact Finding
The Law Offices of Areeg Akel provides initial client
consultations by appointment normally scheduled on Mondays
through Fridays from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Alternative arrangements
can be made, if necessary, depending upon the client's particular
Clients who reside in San Diego are provided in-person consultations
at the law office:
401 West A Street
San Diego, California 92101
We offer free consultation. The law office accepts payment by major
credit card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa) cashier's check,
money order and cash.
Clients who reside outside of San Diego County and Orange
County are provided telephone consultations. Our law office
will set up a telephonic consultation appointment with client.
In-House former FBI Special Agent with 30 years Experience
Reviews Applicable Law Enforcement Procedures, Policies and
Attorney Fees are not quoted unless and until you have had
an initial consultation. Fees are determined on a case-by-case
basis which may depend on factors such as the emergency involved,
complexity of the matter, collateral issues (i.e. Immigration/deportation
issues), administrative, judicial and/or other proceedings.
Our practice specializes in criminal defense, including both State and Federal Crimes for all felony and misdemeanor charges including but not limited to Assault and Battery, DUI, Drug Crimes, Weapons Crimes, Theft Crimes, White Color Crimes, and Domestic Violence.
Areeg Akel is a successful, aggressive attorney who focuses her full, personal attention on every case. When you call The Law Offices of Areeg Akel, we will respond immediately to attend to your personal needs and concerns. Our goal is to resolve your case quickly while achieving the best possible results, with no unnecessary delays. Our clients are fully informed of the legal procedures and available options pertaining to each specific case. We will only settle a case when it's in the client's best interest and wellbeing.
Examples of our office's criminal defense cases, Areeg Akel, Attorney at Law, has successfully handled on behalf of her clients are:
Just a few examples of our office's case results:
- ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON (FELONY)-NO FILING
- ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON (FELONY) - REDUCED TO A MISDEMEANOR PC 415 (C) using foul language in a public place, NO JAIL
- 5 Counts of serious Felony charges with residential burglary as a strike. Case settled to a simple misdemeanor, No Jail time & all Felony charges & strike were dismissed
- Sex crime: Dismissal
- 5 counts of deportable criminal offenses: Drug charges, child endangerment, and domestic violence with a weapon: all charges dismissed. Plead to a Misdemeanor that is a non-deportable offense. Such success saved a non-permanent resident (a client without legal status in the U.S.) from Deportation and from spending thousands of dollars on attorneys' fees defending the deportation/ removal proceedings.
- Domestic Violence- NO FILING
- 3rd DUI- no charges filed,
- domestic violence no charges filed,
- Assault with a deadly weapon no charges filed,
- Assault with a deadly weapon and immigration issues dropped to using foul language in public with no jail time and only 6 month of summary probation.
- 4th offense DUI - Plead to DUI with one prior kept it a misdemeanor
- 3rd offense DUI- no charges filed
- Four charges of 1. 1st offense DUI, VC 23152 (a) 2. DUI, VC 23152 (b) 3. Driving with a suspended Driver's License and 4. Hit and Run with an accident damaging two cars - with Immigration Hold: reduced to one count of first time DUI, no jail time and INS hold removed.
- 3rd offense DUI, BAC .24 - reduced to DUI with BAC .11 and 5 days of public work program, no jail.
- 2nd Offense DUI, BAC .36- No public work service
- Charged with VC 23101 Reckless Driving - REDUCED TO SPEEDING INFRACTION, NO POINTS ON RECORD allowed to take traffic school
- Misdemeanor RECKLESS DRIVING AND DRIVING WITHOUT A LICENSE- CASE DISMISSED
- 2nd Offense DUI - dismissed
- Sex Offense: Dismissed
- 5 counts of deportable criminal offenses: Drug charges, child endangerment, and domestic violence with a weapon: all charges dismissed. Plead to a Misdemeanor that is a non-deportable offense. Such success saved a non-permanent resident (a client without legal status in the U.S.) from Deportation and from spending thousands of dollars on attorneys' fees defending the deportation/ Removal proceedings.
- 3rd DUI- no charges filed
- Domestic violence: no charges filed
- Assault with a deadly weapon no charges filed
- Assault with a deadly weapon and immigration deportation issues- charges dropped to PC 415 "using foul language in public- with no jail time and only 6 months of summary probation and case to be dismissed after successful completion of probation.